Saturday, November 3, 2012

Fixing a Break

Not too long ago, I got a break on my thumb nail. I'd just gotten my nails to a likable length so I decided to try to patch my nail. I consulted Google. Found some information from a few different sources, and now I'm sharing with you my method.


That's it, the broken nail. I know, it's really not that bad. However, it could have been if I wouldn't have patched it.



I ended up using a generic tea bag and super glue. I probably should have used super glue, but it hasn't seemed to have had any adverse effects.



I then started by cutting the tea bag open and making one flat piece. From the larger piece, I cut a piece the width of my nail.





What I should have pictured was how I rounded the edges of the tea bag so that it fit the curve of my cuticle. Oops. 

Now you're going to want to apply a layer or super glue, nail glue will also work, over the entire nail and fit the piece of tea bag on the nail. Use a toothpick to smooth out all the bubbles of  air. 


Once the super glue is dry you want to trim the edges with scissors. Now you can finish off with a buff and a file and call it a day. I actually waited to file and buffed, did a second layer of super glue. Once the second layer was dry I did another buff and then shaped them with a file.


The final result, it's not the prettiest thing ever.It was much stronger than the rest of my nails and looked just like the rest of my nails once painted.


To finish this post off, I leave you lovely lacquer addicts with a recent manicure of mine. :)

Revlon Moon Candy - Galactic on the thumb, pointer, middle, and pinky
Matte accent nail.

Keep Calm and Lacquer On. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment