Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Matte-ly in Love With My Geometric Nails!

Finally tried my hand at Geometric Nails. While they did take me two separate nights to complete I absolutely love how they turned out. I used two polishes by Sinful Colors, HD Nails and Ciao Bella as well as using one polish by Spoiled, Shrimp on the Barbie. For the Matte effect, I used Hard Candy's Matte-ly in Love.

Here they are, what do you guys think?

I think they look pretty spankin' if I do say so myself. ;) 



Now you must be saying "Two nights!? How the hell could this have taken that long?" 
Well let me tell you....

I started with a base coat (Cause I don't want some yellow dagger nails...), Then I painted each nail one of the three colors I used I gave that about an hour or so to dry before breaking out the tape. I used tape portion off half my nail diagonally and then painted which ever color I wanted to use out of the three on to that particular nail. However once these were dry my bed was calling my name... So I went to work with some funky half finished nails the next day. Once I was off work, I completed them by using the tape to create triangles in different directions on my nails and painted them with the final color. 

As always - 

Keep Calm and Lacquer On. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment